In this article, you will learn how to create a reference group. A reference group helps you with organizing your listings and managing your references. For ex: Lets say you sell shirts. When you create a product of this type, you need some references like color, size, brand etc. So, associate your references with a reference group and use this reference group for your products. Reference groups are very helpful when you sell a variety of products.
Before we start…
Step 1 Make sure you are logged into your Kyozou account. You will see the Kyozou Home page once you are logged in.
Step 2 Locate INVENTORY in the navigation menu and choose Manage Reference Groups from the drop-down list.
Step 3 On the Manage Reference Groups Page, click Create new reference group to create a new reference group. (See the picture below)
Step 4 You will be navigated to the Reference Group Details page.
1 Reference Group Details
1.1 Create A Reference Group [Manage References Page]
Step 1 Please enter a name for your new Reference group. (See the picture below)
Step 2 Add references to this group. You have three options to add references in this group:
a) Create a new reference and add it to the group.
- Click on “Create new Reference” to create new references for this group. You can use this option to create a new reference without going back to the Manage references page and create a new one. (See the picture below)
- A pop-up will appear where you can fill all the details and click “Create”, this reference will automatically get added to the group.
- Note: If you are not familiar with how to create REFERENCES, click this Link.
b) Add existing product details references to this group.
- Click on “Add product details reference” drop-down if you want to add existing product details references to this new group. You can check the reference you need and it will get added. Uncheck it to remove it from the group. You can also search for the reference in the search section. (See the picture below)
Note: One good recommendation is while making Reference groups, add all mandatory references in them. This way all mandatory references will stay within references groups and you can use them in multiple products.
c) Add existing product references to the group.
- Click on “Add product reference” to add existing product references to this new reference group. You can check the reference you need and it will get added. Uncheck it to remove it from the group. You can also search for the reference in the search section. (See the picture below)
Step 3 When you have added references to the group, click “Create” to save this reference group.
1.2 Edit A Reference Group [Manage References Page]
- Go to Inventory > Manage Reference Groups to find your reference group.
- Search for the reference group and click on it.
- On the Reference Groups Details page, you will have an option to change the name of reference group, delete a reference from the group, and create/add a new reference.
- Click ‘Update’ button to save the changes made.
1.3 Delete A Reference Group [Manage References Page]
- Go to Inventory > Manage Reference Groups.
- Search for the reference group.
- Locate the icon (on the right side) to delete any reference group. (See the picture below)
2 Associate a reference group with a product
There are two ways to choose a reference group for a product:
a) When you are creating a product, you will get an option to choose a reference group. (See the picture below)
b) When you don’t choose a reference group initially, you can do it through the “References” section in the product details page. (See the picture below)
Warning: In the product details page, you can add/change a reference group from the list as long as the general tab wasn’t saved and Product ID wasn’t generated. Also, you can’t choose more than one reference group per product.
3 Reference group with variation references
A Reference group with variation references are necessary for a variation product. You have to create variation references and then add it to a reference group. Select that reference group for a product when you are creating a variation product. For more information on variation references, click this link.
Warning: If you have selected a product details reference for a group, it will not come under global references again. It will be attached to that group only. So, any reference assigned to a reference group will ONLY appear if that reference group has been selected at the time of product creation.