This article will explain how to create a global discount for your orders. Please note that these discounts are only applicable to E-commerce and POS orders. Once created, it will automatically apply to the orders unless you create a coupon code for the buyers to enter during checkout.
Go to Customer Service >Manage Discounts. On the Manage Discounts page, click the button “Click Here To Create New Discount” (click the image below).
You will be redirected to a new page where you will enter the discount details (click the image below).
The fields are explained below:
- Discount Type*: Choose “Global Discount” from the drop-down as we are creating a global discount. Use the help bubble to get more information on other discount types.
- Discount Category*: Choose a discount category to specify how/where the discount applies such as Shipping price discount, Purchase price discount or for a returning customer.
- Selling venue: Choose a selling venue where the discounts will be applicable such as E-commerce, POS or both.
- Discount Title: Enter a name for this discount. This discount name will also appear on the “Manage Discounts” screen so it is advisable to provide a name that will help you distinguish it from other discounts.
- Currency: Select a currency for this discount, for ex: USD, CAD.
- Minimum quantity in order: This field is used to specify a minimum quantity of items for a sale to qualify for this discount. For ex: if you enter 2, then customer must purchase 2 or more items to get this discount.
- Minimum purchase amount: An optional field to specify a minimum purchase amount for a sale to qualify for this discount. For ex: The order total should be $50 BEFORE SHIPPING to get this discount.
- Maximum discount amount: You may specify a maximum discount amount, for ex: A discount rate at 50% on a $100 order, would typically yield a $50 discount, however, if you specify $25 in the maximum discount amount box, only a $25 discount would be issued).
- Discount Rate *: This is the discount amount you are creating, for ex: if you enter $50, then customer will get a $50 discount from the total cost based on the discount category. If you enter 50%, then customer will get 50% discount from the total cost.
- Apply for orders shipped to: You may specify the discount to only apply to orders shipped to a certain locations, for ex: if you select Canada from the drop-down, this discount will be available for orders being shipped to Canada. (Applicable to discount category- “Shipping price discount”).
- Number of hours for payment: The payment has to be made within the number of hours you set in this field or else the discount will not apply (Applicable to discount category- “Shipping price discount”).
- Expires on: Specify a date on which the discount will end.
- Discount Description: You may specify an internal note regarding this discount. This note will only be displayed to users with access rights to add / modify discounts..
- Discount Combinable: Enable this checkbox if you would like to allow customers to combine this discount with other discounts.
- Discount number must be entered on checkout: You may specify if a discount code MUST be entered upon checkout in order to apply the discount. This way, only customers who enter the discount code, will receive the discount. The discount code is the Discount ID displayed on the Customer Service> Manage Discounts page. If you do not check-mark this option (create a coupon code), the buyers will automatically see the global discount on their shopping cart page.
- Discount Code: This field will appear once you check-mark the field above. Please enter the discount code you have for the specified discount. Accepts both numerical values and letters without any space. Once buyers enter the discount code on your e-commerce store, it will be applied on the order as specified (click the image below).
- Buyer can only use once: To specify that this discount is to be used only one time per buyer.
You can find this discount by going to Customer Service>Manage discounts page. If your discount is currently used by an order, please check-mark the option “Include processed” to search for it.